Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Old Dutch Cleanser ... Updated Version

Really, why do I do it? Talk about an exercise in futility. After taking it easy last Tuesday - I am back to the usual routine. My house is clean, but why, why bother? My bathroom, 2 hours post spotlessness is now nicely encrusted with a layer of slimy toothpaste slithering down the sink ala Princess Maren. Floor, once freshly Swiffered is now tracked with soap scummed footprints from Sweet Marissa in search of a book to read while bathing.

I must have enough of that weird Dutch gene that finds fulfilment and calling in keeping her house clean. Mind you, I am not obsessively clean. This is coming from someone who in high school came home to her clothes being thrown out her bedroom window onto the roof of the garage by her father. His threat was not an idle one. (I am, by the way, keeping that one in the arsenal for future use with our girls.) I did not keep my room very clean at all in high school. Who knew what sort of disease and pestilence spawned in the nether-regions under my bed. So, to have made it this far is some sort of small miracle. I do find myself in a much better mood when my house is clean.




So the Captain and I were chatting on FB and we got into a discussion about toilets. I know! There should be better things to chat about. But, a nurse can talk about most any bodily function and fluid it might involve without too much pause, and then go eat her lunch. We often talk of these things in our household. But, the Captain was saying they have these really cool toilets in Japan that are heated, give you a nice little cleaning - if you get my drift, and then play a cute little flushing song when you are through. He thinks there may be a market for that in the US. When the Captain is not being the Captain, he is really Professor Gadget. The man has an imagination. Naturally, I had to Google it and YouTuble it.


He was right! There are all sorts of YouTube videos heralding the praises of the Japanese toilets. I saw only one thing that could be improved upon and that would be a self cleaning option, ( not the human, but the actual toilet) now that would be glorious. And then I found this.



Will wonders never cease!! Now if the Captain could market this in the US, all us crazy Dutch women in NW Iowa would go out and buy one and single handedly save the US economy.

4 comments:

@nnie said...

makes you wonder what the future may hold for toilets...! Very nifty. And especially handy if there is a boy in the house. They can be the worst!

Nicole said...

Hi there! I just found your blog. I'm another pilot wife, and I'm part of a really big network of pilot wife bloggers. Check out my site www.cuteculturechick.com, and there are a bunch of bloggers in my sidebar. Also, have you heard of www.pilotwivesclub.com ?

The B Keeper said...

I putting my on advance order ! Let the Captain know that he is business.

Seriously now. On the roof ? I threatened the big black garbage bag when the kids don't pick up there stuff for days on end....

Craig said...

Konichiwa! (Good day) Watakushi-wa Craig, desu. Dōmo arigatō for posting this (thank you). Where do I sign up, who do I call? I could be home more selling high tech toilets on the internet!
Konichiwa!