Thursday, December 4, 2008

Baby, It's Cold Outside!!

WOW! It is cold here! Here being northwest Iowa and the meaning behind my blog title. Yes, we do live in IA, yes, my hubby is a pilot, yes we have two sweet daughters, and yes, somewhere in all that I occasionally practice my chosen occupation of nursing.

How cold is it? Well, I don't know the acual temp (who wants to be tortured with that information) but the minute you step outside and take a deep breath - which you do because the cold nearly knocks it out of you in the first place - all of your boogers automatically freeze up inside your nose and get real sharp and painful. I hate that phenomenon, but it has become my official standard by which Iowa coldness can be judged.

So why another blog? I didn't realize such a vast blog world existed - until of course I tried to pick out a clever name and address that had not already been taken - who knew? Not I. (We do live in Iowa, you know.) Over Thanksgiving my sister-in-law introduced me to her friend's blog - and I was impressed! What a great outlet for creativity, venting, humor and keeping lots and lots of memories. I have tried to scrapbook, and have not done too well , but I still have the desire to keep these memories fresh or bring them back to life down the road. No paper, no mess, no clean-up - just a handy-dandy blogspot. I can deal with that.

So, why am I so crazy as to start a blog over the holiday season? That is the bigger question. I think it is called procrastination. I can think of about a hundred other things I should be doing right now. But, it is nice and cozy here in my little corner of the basement - space heater on foot and hot chocolate in hand. The girls are actually playing Barbie's together very nicely- small miracle for today. Ahh, now this is what getting ready for Christmas should really be about...AND my boogers are nicely thawed.

No comments: