Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Whiney Whiney

It seems I have the innate tendency to feel sorry for myself sometimes. Mostly that happens once a month, if you catch my drift. I have learned though, that you never have to look very far to see someone who has it much "worse" than you do. And really I shouldn't be feeling bad at all, but I am. Why?

I feel like we never really had a summer at all. It was gone in a wink.
I am sending my baby off to Kindergarten.
I am sending by first baby off to 4th grade.
The Captain has hardly been home at all this past month and a half.
One of my favorite patients graduated from rehab and I'll miss him.
One of my other favorite patients survived his heart attack only to die from cancer three short months later.
My Grandma is still struggling with her health.
It is that time of the month.

I know I am being a whiney whiney. So I am going to look on the bright side, search for the silver lining, rejoice and be glad in it.

We had a GREAT summer vacation in Florida and got to spend many days at the pool and the lake and it was fun fun fun.
Princess Maren can hardly wait for Kindergarten to start. Every morning for the past two weeks she asks if this is the day school starts yet.
One of Marissa's classmates was killed suddenly in a car accident this summer. I know his mom would love to have the chance to send her boy off to 4th grade.
The Captain has a job and in this economy that is something to be very grateful for.
My patient who graduated kicked some bootie in rehab! He did so much better than I ever thought he would. Lost 45 pounds and is now walking a mile with his wife every morning!
The old is gone, the new has come and I know Mr. K. is enjoying all things new in his heavenly home.
Grandma has had one heck of a summer, but it has brought us closer in a lot of ways. I think it has also helped her and my mom to mend some rifts and appreciate each other more.
Well, at least I don't have hot flashes yet.

Now, I have to go practice for Thursday. I find if I bite the inside of my cheek sorta hard, I can stop tearing up. Looking on the bright side doesn't mean I won't have a few tears when I leave school that morning, but at least they will be happy tears.

4 comments:

ThatsBaloney said...

Awww. Cheer up!!
I've been feeling the woes a bit myself. They will be bloggable at a time in the near future (I hope).
Sending prayers for happiness and contentment your way.
Life is good and troubles are temporary. Sometimes we have to remind ourselves of the big picture, right?

@nnie said...

great post because it's honest.

it's pretty easy only to blog about the good. the happy. the cheery and wonderful.

but we all have those days, those weeks, heck those months.

(I wish mine were ONLY once a month, but God has blessed me with this persistent emotional condition)

What you said about looking on the bright side... is nothing more than faith in action!

All things work for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.

The B Keeper said...

Great to talk to you today, if only for a moment. Surprise !

Fortunately, I am the only one that goes through the "monthly pity party". Oh what joy, when my Little Miss begins her party.

And WOW, what a "party" you 3 girls could have.....whew. :o)

I always know that you will be honest, funny, thoughtful, reflective....and you bring out so many (if not all those) in one posting.

As always....you have a way with words, Shannon.

miranda kay said...

that was a wonderful blog... the good, the bad, the ugly and the beautiful parts of life; you covered it all. :) your honesty shows more than your "only good stuff" blog ever would. Thanks for being real Mrs. Beaty