Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Bedtime Stories

Last year I was actually organized enough to have some studio pictures done of the girls for our Christmas cards.  That didn't happen this year or in most years past.  I just take whatever pictures I've got and make it work.  However that turns out.  The Captain says we need to have a family shot done and he could be right.  If he finds a date that we are all home, makes the appointment, picks the clothes, fixes the hair....on second thought. Anyway, one of these years it may happen.

So the other night after the girls had their baths we all ended up on our bed.  The Captain was gone, and this ending up in our bed thing after bathtime actually happens quite frequently.  So after sniffing their hair a time or two, I got out the camera with the intent of getting a Christmas card shot.

The Dutch actually have a word for what happened next - woest (sounds like roost with a w) and that's the only word I can think of to describe them.  They were woest!  I think it translates to something like furious or crazy.  Yes, they were furiously crazy.



It all started innocently enough....



but steadily went downhill from there.



We had to add Harry to the mix...



...and then some props.  I think every Christmas card should have a picture of children reading the newspaper.  So festive.  And because they thought the prop idea was so clever....



.... the giggles started....



and just kept a coming. Finally we have...



rabbit ears (reindeer antlers?)....



jazz hands (?) and blank stare ...



silly faces....



and ultimate silly faces with nostril exposure...

and lastly, after
much ado about absolutely nothing....we got this.



Ahhh. Does this Momma's heart good.

3 comments:

Mrs. E said...

They are adorable! I love the craziness of the pictures!

@nnie said...

What cozy, comfy, crazy and cute pictures! Makes me want to go get my PJ's on RIGHT NOW!!!!

Kim said...

Oh, how I wish the sniff trick would work for checking for clean teeth. The work that my boys go through to get out of doing a good job brushing their teeth...I still have to stand there and watch! *Crazy works!