Friday, August 6, 2010

Happy....and a Teensy Tiny Bit Sad

Let me just begin by saying this post is long overdue.  Sweet Marissa has been 10 years old for a good week and a half at least, and I am just getting too tell you all about it.  That's right, you heard it hear first, my sweet baby girl turned 10 this year.  How in the world does that happen so fast? 


Marissa chose cinnamon rolls for her birthday breakfast. 


We invited a few of her friends along to a local water park and had a super good time.  The day was roasting hot, but this water park is tucked into the shore line of a small lake and it was nice a breezy and the view wasn't too bad either.


This is the fun thing about having a summer birthday, although sometimes I think Marissa would really like to celebrate her actual birthday with her classmates at school, and I am horrible at remember her half birthday.


So anyway it was a thumbs up sort of day as Lupita demonstrates so well.


Even the Captain and Princess Maren got in on the fun.

It was a perfect day.  I hope Marissa remembers it as such too.  The year she turned double digits.  A full decade.  All those crazy milestones that seem to have come too  fast and furious for her Momma.


But it is so fun to watch her grow up and start to figure out who she is and how she is going to get there.  She'll get by with a little help from her friends.  And hopefully her Momma too.


But I miss her.  She has been gone to visit the Captain's family down in Witchita the last couple days.  I dropped her off, told her I loved her, and drove away in my car - dry eyed.  A few blocks later, my nose twiched, and my eyes stung, and I had to swallow hard a few times. So much for being a brave Momma.  When we were getting her packed, she asked if I was going to miss her.  I said of course I would. And she smirked at me a bit and told me this would get me ready for when she leaves for college.  GULP.

See you tomorrow Sweet Girl!

2 comments:

ThatsBaloney said...

Ten is a big deal. Happy Birthday to your girl!

Toni Tralala said...

Cinnamon rolls are a good choice! She's a pretty girl. Happy Birthday to her! :)