Monday, November 30, 2009

Pseudo-Words

Do you ever wonder about those little security "psuedo-words" you have to type in when you leave a comment on someone else's blog?  Sometimes they make me laugh and sometimes they make me look over my shoulder to see if someone is in the room with me, and sometimes they make me completely erase and revise the comment I was about to write.  Like some sort  of freaky prophetic sniglet.

I think my most memorable one was when I was accepting a pseudo-friend on Facebook and the security word was unfriend and the next day she was arrested for attempted homicide. Naaah, but isn't that sort of weird?  Usually these quasi-words just bear a vague resemblance to a word and they aren't the real thing. They really want to be a word, but instead get cast off into the gutter of blog comment world. Is unfriend a real word? I think it  probably is in this world after Facebook.

Can you define and use these "pseudo-words" in a sentence? ( These were all security words I have typed in over the past few weeks. Really.)

tivipro:  (noun) a person well adept at watching, operating, and channel surfing on TV. I am married to a tivipro. He is not a tiviamateur, he is a tivipro.

pangaser: (noun) painful and malodorous gas pangs you get after eating a large Thanksgiving meal.  My tivipro has pangasers.

wonsi: (noun) that irritating eyelash that gets stuck in "one's eye", leaving only one eye useable and the other watering profusely. No, I am not crying, I have a wonsi in my left eye.

throppe: (verb) the act of regurgitating a small amount of one's stomach contents into one's mouth only to have one swallow it again because there was no better options of ridding oneself of it.  After smelling the pangasers of her tivipro she thropped.

Well, you get the point.  Have you had any strange or funny word security situations?  Or is it just my weird and slightly paranoid self?

No comments: